Geo-Informatics Supported Disaster Risk Reduction and Smarter Urban Management
（Gi4DM 2022 & Urban Geoinformatics 2022）
November 1-4, 2022, Beijing, China
• ISPRS Technical Commission III & IV
• Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture (BUCEA)
• ISC GeoUnions Standing Committee on Disaster Risk Reduction• UN-GGIM Academic Network
• Chinese Society for Geodesy Photogrammetry and Cartography
• China Association for Geospatial Information Society
• GNSS & LBS Association of China
• PIESAT Information Technology Co., Ltd
THEMES OF THE EVENT
The event is organized by ISPRS Technical Commission III and IV. It is comsisted by 2 sub-events. One is the ISPRS Workshop on Geo-Information for Disaster Management (Gi4DM 2022). The other is the ISPRS High-level Forum on Urban Geoinformatics (Urban Geo-informatics 2022). The aims of the events are to provide an inter-disciplinary platform for scientists, researchers and practitioners in the field, to present the latest developments and applications, discuss cutting-edge technologies, exchange research ideas, and promote international collaboration.
ISPRS Workshop on Geo-Information for Disaster Management (Gi4DM 2022)
The event is an annual conference devoted to the application of geo-informatics in disaster risk reduction since 2005, organized by ISPRS in cooperation with different international bodies such as UNOOSA, ICA, ISCRAM FIG, IAG OGC, and WFP. The fundamental goal of the conference is to provide a forum where disaster managers, stakeholders, researchers, data providers and system developers can discuss challenges, share experience, discuss new ideas, demonstrate technology and analyze future research toward better support of risk and disaster management activities. For the period 2016-2022, Gi4DM is coordinated by the ISPRS Inter-Commission Working Group III/IVa on Disaster Assessment, Monitoring and Management. And since 2020 Gi4DM is jointly coordinated by the International Science Council (ISC) GeoUnions Standing Committee on Disaster Risk Reduction.
Disaster risk reduction is the common responsibility of all professionals. The COVID-19 epidemic ravaging the world recent years triggered huge demands for geo-information related strategy/methods/techniques.
With the background, the topics of the event will include (not limited to):
• User needs and requirements
• Technology developments
• Applications of Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry to Disaster Monitoring/Management
• Data collection and management
• Data integration and knowledge discovery
• End-user environments for interaction, visualization and updating
• Positioning and location-based communication
• Assisted navigation and evacuation
• Automated mapping
• Geo-informatics education for disaster management
• Development and sharing of geospatial analytics
ISPRS High-level Forum on Urban Geoinformatics (Urban Geo-informatics 2022)
With dense population, active economy and developed infrastructures, cities are very important for sustainable development of the countries, regions and the whole world. It is essential to better understand, plan, monitor and manage the development of cities, with the support of geoinformation technologies. High-level forum on urban geoinformatics 2022 is the first of a series of conferences that focus on RS, GIS and other related topics in urban context. The venue will be rotating among Beijing, Sydney and Toronto, every 1 or 2 years.
The topics of the 2022 event will include (not limited to):
• Digital Twins
• Digital Engineering
• 3D City Modeling
• Urban Multi-planning Data Fusion
• Ubiquitous Monitoring and Dynamic Cognition of Urban Development
• Integration of Internet of Things (IoT)
• Urban Social Networks
• Mobility and Transportation
• Knowledge Engineering
• Decision-making Support and Service Platform
• Smart Visualization
PROGRAMME AT A GLANCE
PAPER SUMISSION AND PUBLICATION
You are welcome to submit and present your papers to the events.
The papers accepted will be published in the following categories (both listed in EI, CPCI, SCOPUS, and DOAJ):
1. Paper accepted based on double-blind full paper review will be published in the ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. Full paper should be submitted by July 31 2022. Please note that a paper not accepted for the Annals can still be included into the Archives with the agreement of the author(s).
2. Paper accepted based on abstract review will be published in the The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. Abstract should be written in English comprising 800-1000 words, containing sufficient details for evaluation (including the approach, results, the concepts, the reasons why it should be considered an interesting message for the audience). Abstract should be submitted by July 31 2022.
Notification of acceptance will be issued by August 31, 2022. Deadline for Camera-ready full paper (for both Archives and Annals) is September 20,2022.
The authors need to follow the ‘Guidelines for Authors Preparing Manuscripts’ available at https://www.isprs.org/documents/orangebook/app5.aspx
Please note that only papers for which at least one of authors has paid the registration fee by September 30 will be published. Each registered author may present only one paper at the event, except for those authors of invited papers.
Here you can submit your papers: https://www.conftool.net/gi4dm-2022
We sincerely invite all particpants to register for attending the events. We offer discount for payment before September 1st.
We provide several categories for registration to cope with COVID-19 epidemic risks. But you can change between on-site/on-line according to the epidemic status before 30 September 2022.
(1) students are full-time B.Sc, M.Sc or Ph.D students and should upload a valid evidence of their student status when registering.
(2) Senior are considered participants over 65 years old on 1 November 2022 and can show a valid ID on arrival.
(3) 1 day registrations DO NOT cover the publication of the paper.
(4) Accompany person has no access to sessions.
Venue and Accommodations
The venue will be in or near the Xicheng Campus of BUCEA, in downtown area of Beijing, with ideal geographical location and all-round accessibility. Hotels of various classes nearby with discount price will be provided. Detailed information will be available in the event website.
Currency and Payment
The currency used in China is Renminbi yuan (RMB ￥). Credit cards such as Visa, American Express and MasterCard are acceptable at hotels, large restaurants and shopping centers and can be cashed in the City Branch of the Bank of China.
It shall be the responsibility of the participants to cover themselves with appropriate insurance cover. Neither the Host nor ISPRS shall be responsible for any damage caused to participants as part of attending the Event.
The Event organizers do not accept liability for personal injuries sustained, or for loss of, or damage to, property belonging to event participants or their accompanying persons, either during or as a result of the Event. Please check the validity of your own insurance.
The Event language is English and no translation facilities will be available.
The electrical voltage in China is 220v. All hotels provide 110v outlets for electrical razors.
Identity badges must always be worn during the Events. People not wearing badges will not get access to the sessions. Accompanying persons are also asked to wear their badges.
The Event Organizer will send a letter of invitation (without promise of financial support) upon request to participants. Information about the participant should be provided, including given name, surname, sexuality, birthday, nationality, passport number, entrance date, departure date, contact information (mail address, phone number, fax number, e-mail address).
Jie JIANG, ISPRS, China
Sisi Zlatanova, ISPRS, Australia
Orhan Altan, ISC GeoUnion Standing Committee on DRR, Turkey
Songnian LI, UN-GGIM Academic Network, Canada
Shuai DING, BUCEA, China
Xianglie LIU, BUCEA, China
Yang DENG, BUCEA, China
Xian GUO, BUCEA, China
Shishuo XU, BUCEA, China
Lu LIU, BUCEA, China
Ms. HE Jinghan, Ms. LIU Lu
Mail Address: International Development Research Institute, BUCEA,
No.1 Zhanlanguan Road, Xicheng District, Beijing 100044, China
For more and updated information about the event, and for papersubmission & registration, please visit the event website: https://www.gi4dm.net/2022/